Lakehead Rural Planning Board Member

Lakehead Rural Planning Board
Rosslyn, ON

Interested individuals are invited to apply for membership on the Lakehead Rural
Planning Board representing that portion of the planning area without municipal
organization. Appointments are made by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and
Housing for a 4-year term.
Planning Board members are responsible for:
• Providing input and making recommendations concerning local land-use
planning matters;
• Considering applications for the conveyance of land;
• Reviewing local land-use planning documents and making recommendations
regarding Amendments;
• Interpreting and applying provincial policy and legislation relating to local
land-use planning; and
• Attending regular and special meetings of the Planning Board
The unorganized portion of the planning area consists of the geographic townships
of Gorham, Ware, and the Dawson Road Lots 1-20, Concession A B, east of the
Kaminisitiquia River.
To be eligible for appointment as a Planning Board member to represent the
unorganized portion of the planning area, the candidate must be the owner or
tenant of land in the unorganized territory or the spouse of such an owner or tenant.
Potential candidates must also be a Canadian citizen and be eligible to vote in an
Ontario election.
Interested individuals must apply via the Public Appointments Secretariat (PAS)
website at The PAS website provides
applicants with the option of applying online or downloading an application form
and mailing the form to PAS. Applications must be received by PAS no later
than February 1, 2019.
Additional information may be obtained from:
Lakehead Rural Planning Board
3250 Highway 130, Rosslyn, ON P7K 0B1
Telephone: 807-935-3300
or from the address listed below:
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Municipal Services Office - North (Sudbury)
Attention: Caitlin Carmichael, Assistant Planner
159 Cedar Street, Suite 401
Sudbury, ON P3E 6A5
1-800-461-1193 or 705-564-6845